Many have heard of SXSW, which uniquely stands for South X (x stands for by) South West an annual gathering and get together of film, interactive media, music festivals, and conferences that take place in mid-March in Austin, Texas. I don’t know and it may sound crazy, but I would be willing to attend if we could bring it to Atlanta.
Here’s a recap of the top 2019 Trends:
- Blockchain is Building Web 3.0
- Conquering an Era of Digital Distrust
- Doc and Genre Films Are Booming at the Box Office
- Evolution of Transportation and Delivery
- The Evolving Cannabis Consumer
- Job Design and the Future of Work
- Music and Blockchain Hopes Over Hype
- Rapid Rise of Subscription Services
- The Value of Human Touch in Music Curation
- XR Is Now
The ones that I will be following instinctively for future trends will gather around blockchain, Web 3.0, Ai, and the future workforce.
The ones that I’m quite satisfied with not making the list are:
- Driverless cars
- Drone Pilots; and
- How the sharing economy hasn’t necessarily improved our lives
What I would have like to have seen in the top 2019 trends are:
- Improvements in disparate healthcare and insurance pubic policy
- How to avoid rigged elections and doing away with the electorate college
- Education reform that’s not punishing educators and hindering our students
Excited about SXSW? Tune in today to listen to artist such as Björn, Ulvaeus of ABBA, T Bone Burnett, The Beth’s, and more at SXSW.com/live today!
If you enjoyed this article, please like and share and don’t forget to listen to:
Also feel free to drop me a line in the comments section of your thoughts on the topics here.