To kickoff 2020 New Year, I am sharing a few of my daily food habit choices I intend to keep.
- Option #1: 1/2 English Muffin w/ Canadian bacon and egg whites along with black coffee no cream. This is one of my favorite breakfast meal options. It’s a good source of protein and energy to start the day.
- Option#2: Greek Yogurt with crushed strawberries or bananas and green tea. This is also high in protein and a good source of fiber.
- Option#3: Oatmeal with diced apple, a hard-boiled, and chamomile or steamed water w/ lemon. Oatmeal has tryptophan helps increase serotonin levels and also act as a appetite suppressant. Hot water with lemon serves as a natural diuretic.
- Option#1: Miso soup and Asian or kale salad, and a Vitamin Water to stay hydrated. You can buy the salad pre-made or make from scratch. You can find Miso soup in dry and add steamed water.
- Option#2: Spinach w/ tuna, apple or clementine, and regular H2o. Add lite mayonnaise and ranch seasoning to tuna. High in protein and opportunity for hydration.
- Option#3: Vegetable Poke bowl, 20oz homemade Lemonade with truvia. This option allows room for creativity and serves as a meatless option.
Option#1: Chicken Picatta w/angel hair pasta and seasonal vegetables, hot water with lemon juice. Using light oil, sear chicken and a squeeze of lemon juice, black pepper and garlic. Toss in angel hair pasta.
Option#2: 6oz Filet Mignon or Sirloin, toasted broccolini, sautéed mushrooms. Hot water with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Option#3: Curry Tofu with Pad Thai, edamame, hot water with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Habits are like cables, we weave a thread each and everyday, and soon we cannot break it. What heathy habits are you holding on to as we journey into the new year?